Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Loving: Real Techniques Brushes

As your typical student on a budget, my make-up brush collection had previously been limited to the typical 15 dollar "full set" of brushes.

But after having to remove about 5 bristles per cheek every morning, I figured it was time to splurge (i.e. 30 dollars) on a couple brushes with better quality. Or at least brushes that weren't prone to shedding.

I had heard pretty good reviews online for the Real Techniques brand for a while, and decided to test out a couple of their brushes for myself.

Sorry my brushes are slightly dirty, I just used them this morning..
Let me say this now, compared to what I had been using these brushes are a godsend.  They're all incredibly soft and are wonderful at building up coverage.


Real Techniques Powder Blush

This brush is unbelievably soft and has not shed once since I've purchased it.  I believe it's supposed to be used for powder foundation, however lately I've been pressing the end into a flat line and using it to apply bronzer (which goes on flawlessly, without any difficult build-up).



Real Techniques Blush Brush

This honestly took a bit of getting used to at first.  Beforehand I had used much smaller face brushes when it came to blush application. The end is a bit wider than I'm used to, which sometimes makes me feel like not all the product I put on it is making it to my face.

But I will say that if you haven't exactly mastered blush, this brush makes it very easy to gradually build up color on your cheeks. (I've also been using it for highlighter, which I think it does a fantastic job with.)



Real Techniques Stippling Brush

I don't really understand the concept of a stippling brush. I mean, I have no clue what they're actually supposed to be used for, but I've been using it recently to apply my Tarte Cheek Stain and think it's fantastic for the job.

Personally, I think cheek stains are hard to apply because they are so concentrated.  Using the brush gives more control to help slowly build up color.



Also, a general word of advice from my own experience, I would avoid purchasing any comprehensive "starter" brush kits. While they give you a wide range of tools for a usually cheap price, they are simply not worth it because most will shed like crazy. (You will get what you pay for.)

Next on my list: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (I've heard rave reviews)

xoxo
Chelsea
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates made by pipdig