Monday, March 24, 2014

Obsessed: Buxom Full-On Lipstick

Now when the dark lip trend first came out sometime this past fall, my thought process went something along the lines of:

"That looks great but I could never pull off something that trendy"

Well. Never say never my friends because cue six months later...


Buxom Full-On Lipstick: Havana
This has to be one of the best lip products I've ever purchased.  It is incredibly smooth to apply, can definitely be used without a lip liner or gloss, and the color is very easy to build up. Plus, it tingles a little bit when you put it on (which I personally think feels a little weird, but sometimes I just pretend it magically makes my lips look bigger.)

The only fault I can give it is that, like any other dark lip product, it will fade over time.  When I wore this to my formal I had to pop it into my clutch because it would last for two and a half hours tops.

It is a little pricey for your average lipstick (about $19), however when comparing quality I think it's well worth the splurge.

Swatch on my hand (it comes off more pink than it actually is, it's a little redder in person). For those curious, I'm a cool-toned fair color (shade 114 in Maybelline foundation).

The color is definitely more of a magenta than red (it looks very pink in the picture but I promise it's a bit redder in person), however I found that with my skin tone this worked better than attempting a bright red on my first go at dark lips.

(Though I will admit that for my formal the color was a little too pink, which was easily remedied with a dark red lipgloss.)

For anyone else scared to immediately go for the deep reds, I would definitely give this product a test.



Needless to say I'll be giving this dark lip business another go, any suggestions for a good dark lipstick?

xoxo
Chelsea


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates made by pipdig